- Following a transportation contractor for the Glen Cove school district testing positive for the virus, the district closed on Tuesday. No update as to further closing as of yet.
- A family in the Roslyn school district has had contact with a positive-testing patient, and while not showing any symptoms, will be kept under quarantine, according to a statement sent to parents by Superintendent of Schools Allison Brown. The Department of Health has recommended that the district not close its schools, Brown added.
- A family in the Westbury school district is under mandatory quarantine after coming into contact with someone who tested positive for the virus, according to a statement on the district’s website. No news yet on a closure.
CLOSINGS & CANCELLATIONS
- Molloy College in Rockville Centre has canceled classes and events from Wednesday through March 28. School personnel who can work from home will do so.
- Nassau County Community College in Garden City will close for two days following a “confirmed positive association” with the virus, according to a statement posted to the school’s website.
- Hofstra University in Hempstead will cease face-to-face classes until at least March 23, with all nonresidential students advised to stay at home. Nonacademic school services will be available to residential students, a statement on the school’s website said.
Town of North Hempstead:
- All town-run senior exercise groups are canceled until March 20.
- A New York citizen preparedness training session scheduled for Tuesday at 7 p.m. at Clinton G. Martin Park in New Hyde Park has been postponed to an unannounced date.
- Milan Senior Group, which meets at Clinton G. Martin Park and every third week of the month at Michael J. Tully Park in New Hyde Park on Fridays will cancel meetings until April 1.
- New Hyde Park Senior Citizens, who meet at Clinton G. Martin Park on Thursdays, are canceling their program until April 2.
- The New Hyde Park Seniors, who meet on Thursdays, have canceled programming until March 26.
- The town’s Spring Fling events scheduled for Friday, March 20, and Friday, March 27, have been postponed, with no new date announced.
- Port Washington Social Center’s senior programming will be canceled until March 23.
- NYU Winthrop Hospital has canceled all community outreach programs through May 6.
- County Executive Laura Curran’s annual State of the County address has been postponed from its original March 11 date. A new date has not yet been set.